Hollywood has been on pause for months, however the writers’ strike is over, and the actors’ strike is hopefully quickly to comply with. Because of this, studios and TV networks are slowly beginning to share launch dates for upcoming initiatives once more. As an example, on Thursday, HBO shared updates on a bevy of returning TV sequence at a press occasion in New York, together with Home of the Dragon, The Final of Us, The White Lotus, Euphoria, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
On the occasion, HBO and Max CEO and chairman Casey Bloys revealed that Home of the Dragon season 2 already wrapped filming and is in post-production (by way of The Hollywood Reporter). HBO additionally confirmed a trailer to attendees and confirmed that the Recreation of Thrones prequel sequence will start airing within the “early summer time” of 2024.
Listed below are a few of the different main bulletins from the HBO occasion:
- The Jinx – Half Two, which covers the subsequent eight years of investigations surrounding Robert Durst, is coming to HBO in 2024.
- The Final of Us season 2 will start manufacturing in spring 2024 (barring any delays on a deal between SAG-AFTRA and the studios) and can probably premiere in 2025.
- Euphoria season 3 can even probably begin manufacturing in 2024 and air in 2025.
- The White Lotus season 3 was set for 2024 however has been pushed to 2025.
- Welcome to Derry, the IT prequel sequence, has additionally been delayed to 2025.
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight, the Recreation of Thrones spinoff sequence based mostly on George R.R. Martin’s Dunk and Egg novellas, hopes to begin filming in spring 2024, however HBO wasn’t prepared to supply a possible launch window.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm season 12 continues to be undated, however Bloys says creator and star Larry David is “going to determine if he desires to do extra or whether or not that is going to be the ultimate season, I’d guess earlier than it airs” (by way of Deadline).
- And Simply Like That… season 3 doesn’t have a launch date both, however the writers are again within the writers’ room, in keeping with Bloys.
With all the delays across the trade, Home of the Dragon is primed to make an enormous splash when it returns subsequent summer time. There’s no telling how a lot competitors it is going to have, as many TV exhibits have been compelled to cease manufacturing when the strikes started.
2025 can be shaping as much as be an unbelievable 12 months for HBO and Max, with hit exhibits like The Final of Us, Euphoria, and The White Lotus all returning inside months of each other. They’ll probably be joined by Welcome to Derry and The Penguin, starring Colin Farrell.