Omar Sy, the wildly charismatic star who performs Assane in Lupin, kind of singlehandedly turned the Netflix collection a few gentleman thief into one of many streamer’s most compulsively bingeable French hits. His is a magnetic presence — boyish attraction combined with film star attractiveness. His character can also be a grasp of disguise, one who scampers throughout the Metropolis of Mild with mystifying ease. And with the arrival of Lupin Half 3 on the finish of final week, one flash of that rakish grin is all it takes for viewers to be reminded that yet one more rip-roaring caper filled with thrills and scrumptious twists awaits.
What’s extra: It’s solely been out there on Netflix for a couple of days, however the brand new batch of episodes has already despatched Lupin rocketing up the US High 10 rating (the collection is #2 on Netflix proper now). And the excellent news for followers is that the present’s profitable method appears to stay intact, as a result of Lupin Half 3 can also be at the moment sitting on an ideal 100% critics’ rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Lupin does a lot proper, however the most effective issues in regards to the collection is simply how a lot of a breezy binge it’s. Half 3 consists of solely seven episodes, so followers will little question tear by them briefly order. And after they do? Properly, whereas awaiting the official phrase from Netflix relating to Lupin Half 4, you possibly can all the time spend your time diving into a couple of different glorious French Netflix collection and films after you’ve completed the most recent chapter in Assane’s super-addictive story.
Listed below are a few of Netflix’s greatest and finest French releases, in no explicit order:
- Name My Agent (4 seasons): At a high Paris expertise agency, brokers scramble to maintain their celeb shoppers glad.
- Ladies at Struggle (1 season): 4 French girls face the implications of struggle on the homefront, as males go away for battle and German troops advance in 1914.
- Sentinelle: On this Netflix film, Olga Kurylenko performs an elite French soldier who’s transferred dwelling after a fight mission and makes use of her expertise to search out the person who damage her sister.
- AKA: A gritty French crime movie wherein a hardened particular ops agent infiltrates against the law syndicate and types a shocking bond with the boss’ younger son. This one dominated Netflix worldwide upon its launch because of pulse-pounding motion scenes and its tense, twist-filled story.
- Chef’s Desk: France (1 season): This Netflix collection comes from creator David Gelb, and it presents viewers with “daring new flavors of France (from) cooks who’re pushing the boundaries of fantastic eating and reinventing a wealthy culinary custom.”
- Lords of Rip-off: These subsequent two French Netflix releases are all about real-life thieves who’re a lot totally different than Lupin. Lords of Rip-off, for instance, follows a gaggle of scammers who pocketed thousands and thousands by conning the EU carbon quota system — after which turned on one another.
- The Masked Scammer: Drawing from interviews with accomplices and victims, this documentary traces how a grasp con man scammed thousands and thousands of euros from French elites.
- Misplaced Bullet: From Netflix’s official film abstract, “Dealing with a homicide cost, a genius mechanic with a felony previous should observe down a lacking automotive containing the proof of his innocence: A single bullet.”
- Athena: On this tense and heartbreaking Netflix film, the killing of a younger boy sparks an all-out struggle in a French group — a battle with the sufferer’s older brothers at its middle.