5 seasons in, and the juggernaut that’s the heartfelt Netflix drama Virgin River endures. Half one of many present’s fifth season, which hit the streamer on Thursday, is already the #1 TV present on Netflix within the US, surpassing every part from One Piece to different favorites like Season 2 of Promoting the OC, Who’s Erin Carter, and Prime Boy. Furthermore, this present (primarily based on the eponymous collection of books by creator Robyn Carr) has two extra episodes nonetheless to return in 2023 — a pair of holiday-themed episodes, releasing on Nov. 30 — plus a sixth season that’s additionally within the works.
Virgin River: #1 on Netflix, and the primary a part of Season 5 is out now
What’s extra, Virgin River might be pretty much as good an instance as any of the perfect TV equal of consolation meals that’s accessible on the streaming large. Luxurious vistas, typically good and respectable characters, a storyline that it’s simple for followers to get caught up in (particularly in the event that they’re not all that curious about darker fare like Stranger Issues or Black Mirror) — what’s to not like?
Producer and author Erin Cardillo promised final yr that Virgin River Season 5 would supply loads of the solutions to questions that followers have been ready for. Amongst different issues, the brand new season consists of extra romance, in addition to “paternity drama, rural drug kingpins, and normal small-town theatrics,” to not point out a large wildfire threatening the city. Continues Netflix’s description of what’s in retailer for followers: “Problems with motherhood push Mel to make an enormous resolution about her future on the clinic whereas her being pregnant unexpectedly sparks an emotional connection to her previous.
“To additional show himself to Mel, Jack squares off with some long-overdue confrontations — together with his personal demons, and naturally, with Charmaine. And as Doc and Hope’s respective impairments throw their identities into query, the physician and the mayor should discover solace of their neighborhood, of their younger new household, and in one another.”
On condition that the present has already rocketed to #1 on Netflix, in the meantime, many Virgin River followers have in all probability already burned by means of the primary 10 episodes of Season 5 and are eagerly anticipating the extra episodes coming in November — in addition to the sixth season, which Netflix, sadly, hasn’t shared a timetable for but. If that features you, one factor you are able to do within the meantime is flip to considered one of a number of different feel-good Netflix dramas much like Virgin River that I like to recommend making an attempt subsequent.
Related reveals to look at
In no explicit order, all of those dramas ought to undoubtedly enchantment to followers of Virgin River — that’s, not less than till the brand new season lastly arrives:
- Candy Magnolias: This primary Netflix collection is predicated on a collection of novels by Sheryl Woods, and it’s about three greatest mates born and raised within the small Southern city of Serenity, South Carolina. It’s the form of place the place everyone is aware of everybody else, the setting is bucolic and breathtakingly serene, and the tempo of life comfortably languid.
- Firefly Lane: From the official Netflix synopsis of the second and last season of this fan-favorite drama, “What might presumably have ended the tight-knit 30-year friendship of Tully and Kate, our “Firefly Lane Ladies Eternally?” We’ll be taught the reply this season — however first — Kate grapples with the painful aftermath of Johnny’s ill-fated journey to Iraq, whereas Tully faces a lawsuit after strolling away from her speak present, and should begin her profession over from the underside.”
- Ginny & Georgia: Much like Gilmore Ladies, this mother-daughter drama stars Antonia Gentry as Ginny, the daughter of 30-year-old mom Georgia (Brianne Howey). Per Netflix, they’ve moved round for years, dwelling on the run, “However Ginny is hopeful that their new digs in a small New England city will lastly be a spot the place she will set down some roots, particularly after she meets dangerous boy subsequent door Marcus the primary night time they transfer in.”
- From Scratch: Starring Zoe Saldana, this Netflix drama is predicated on Tembi Locke’s 2019 memoir of the identical title. It’s about her time learning overseas in Italy years in the past, and of falling in love with a Sicilian chef. Warning, by the best way: Maintain a field of Kleenex helpful for this one.
- Northern Rescue: Netflix picked up this Canadian drama internationally, which stars William Baldwin as a search-and-rescue commander. After the loss of life of his spouse, he takes his three kids and relocates from Boston to dwell together with his sister-in-law in a ravishing albeit fictional small city in Ontario named Turtle Island Bay.